Thanks for visiting my blog which is all about my coastal walk round Islay in aid of the Marine Conservation Society.

I have now completed my walk but you can still sponsor me by visiting my online sponsor page :
www.justgiving.com/joiningupthecoastline

Wednesday 1 August 2007

map to show progress

Please click on the image for a closer view. The colours have no other significance than to show the stages in which I have done the walk. The gaps left are between Gortantoid and Traigh na Dha Dhorais (?) (north), Port Ellen and Knock Bay(south), Kilnave and Ardnave(north), Port Askaig and Bunnahabhain (north east), Laggan Point and the Laggan River ('inland' west coast), Cladach and Lossit Bay (Atlantic west coast), Soldier's Rock and Glen Astle and Port an Eas (Oa) and Beinn Mhor (Oa). Please let me know if the map makes any sense or not! It's taken me a while to figure out how to get it onto this site!

2 comments:

Armin said...

Definitely makes sense for me, the colours make it easier to understand how you've done it. Some interesting and challenging parts left. The stretch north of Gortantaoid is very nice, we walked it during the walking week last year.

If everything goes to plan I'll be on Islay at the end of October again. Should there be anything left to walk then and you need a companion for a walk let me know.

Wrote an entry on my blog last night, hope I've got all the facts right and can send you a few more readers.

Becky said...

Thanks. I took a look at your blog the other day. It's pretty impressive. I'll add it to my links if you like? What you've written about my walk is great too! Thankyou. it makes me feel like a very amateurish blogger! :-)