Thanks for visiting my blog which is all about my coastal walk round Islay in aid of the Marine Conservation Society.

I have now completed my walk but you can still sponsor me by visiting my online sponsor page :
www.justgiving.com/joiningupthecoastline

Monday 3 September 2007

Laggan Point to Laggan River 27th August 2007

I had walked from Bowmore to Laggan point as part of a circular walk two years ago, but hadn't made it to the River Laggan and I had walked from Kintra to the River Laggan in July, which left this short section still to do, short though it be (it's lucky if it's quarter of a mile!) But something very exciting happened on this walk so I won't knock it anymore. Before heading off on our mammoth trek, we (my boyfriend, Cliff and I) set off in the opposite direction to bag one of Islay's trigpoints (another of my hobbies!) We bravely passed two bulls en route and then bravely passed them again on our way back. Obviously it didn't take long to walk to the River and when we got there we saw two people and a dog walking from the opposite direction. I waited for them to cross the River (so now I know the water is knee deep)and started talking to them . Paul, Wendy and Havoc the dog are walking 5000 miles round Britain's coastline to raise money for the RNLI and Guide Dogs for the Blind. So far they have walked 4000 miles. It really puts my walk into perspective! This was a wonderful chance meeting and I plied them with questions about their walk and invited them to stay the night on my living room floor - I mean, what an offer! They set off for Colonsay the next day and were then island hopping to Ullapool, from where they will walk back to John O'Groats. They hope to get there in November, exactly a year after starting their journey. What an inspiration! Even Havoc was entering into the spirit of things by helping with the carrying - he has his own dog panniers and if his paws get sore, he has some special gloves to put on. Aaaahhh! Check out their website by clicking on the link opposite.

2 comments:

Lia Pansy said...

NICE PHOTO

Beijo

Lia ( Portugal)

Anonymous said...

Good post.